Rockets

Rockets

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Staying up late

I've always been really into staying up late ever since I was a little kid.  This was how I beat the Pokemon games, all the way up until Diamond (when I started needing to sleep to do well in school the next morning). 

I dunno why it is so attractive to me.  Maybe it is looking out the window at the stars, the feeling of going against the grain, a triumph of mind over an exhausted body.  This has backfired on me many times.  I've failed quizzes and had to work hard to make up for it after sleeping in.  I've missed dates because I slept in.  I've even, in an act of sheer stupidity, missed a job interview because I was too damn busy posting on the Escapist the night before.

I dunno.  I like pretending I can stay up indefinitely and I always pay for it...  And yet I come back for more a few nights later.  It is odd, well at least to me, that I would fight the urge to sleep when dreaming is one of my favorite things about my life.  I've certainly noticed that my sleeping pattern is one of easy to sleep, hard to wake.

So here I sit, on my bed at 2:00 AM posting on my new blog for the internet.  My priorities are askew.  Sometimes I feel bad about my daily rituals and how I should be "at my prime" but that is a ramble for another time.

Now if you excuse me, I have to avoid sleeping for a bit more on the Escapist.

-Red

No comments:

Post a Comment