Rockets

Rockets

Monday 5 March 2018

The End

Events that I may decide to make a post about later have transpired in a way that has convinced me that, in one way or another, The End approaches for the website I spent oodles of time on from 2009-2014 (and then stayed on with in a less involved way after that).  The Escapist is going to hit lights off or managerial overhaul soon enough.

Today I'm posting the screenshots of my friend-list for posterity.  I have no doubt in my mind that most of these people have already made their peace and have forgotten all about me and the site but when you invest time and effort into a community, you take a little bit with you after it ends.  Even online.  So this is my little bit after it ends.  I'll keep using the Redlin5 handle out in the Internet but I don't know if I'll be using the avatar again.

A longer post may appear on my thoughts at a later date.  This is just a placeholder, a preemptive rememberance before my ability to record it vanishes with their servers.

So here they are, the names I collected with people from all over the world behind screens at the same website.  What a weird thing to memorialize but hey, I'm strange.




                                                             My Internet Face of Yore

I can't say I'm sorry the current state of the place is going to get the bullet to the head or the needle in its arm by new owners.  I can say I will never forget the best times and have grown because of it.  I'm well and truly ready to walk away anyday, as I have been, for a long time now.  Denial is over.  Its dead Jim.

-Red

No comments:

Post a Comment